We love our hair. There is something so awesome about having a good-looking, healthy hair. A healthy hair will give you the confidence to be yourself and to connect with other people. Let’s face it, having a good-looking hair adds a big impact on your overall appearance. Your hair is a billion dollar market for different kinds of products, from shampoos and conditioners to styling gel agents and hair treatment formulas. All of these products contain necessary chemicals and formulas to achieve their functions and suffice your desired looks. In time, these will all lead to certain problems that may render your hair and scalp’s health in jeopardy, which will then push you for going into treatment. This is where coconut oil hair mask comes in.
After discovering the problems with your hair, you start searching for the latest and most trusted products on the market to revive your precious hair. Looking for the best treatment or product that is easy to use and accessible is pretty tiresome. Fortunately, for countries where nature’s abundance flourishes, plant based and organic products are always in reach. Before trade and commerce gave access to products only available in certain regions, coconut oil has been under the shadows in western parts of the world. For all we know, the coconut tree has adopted to grow in tropical regions.
The coconut oil has been used in various ways for centuries. Resorting to its health implications, one would only wonder why it could not help in any way. Now let us talk about how to use it for treating and pampering your hair. There are many ways to use coconut oil for hair. People use it to moisturize their hair. Most people go beyond the normal application and take time to mix it to other solutions to make a DIY (Do It Yourself) Hair Mask and let it rest for a certain amount of time for its nutrients to seep in and let the magic work its wonders.
How to make a coconut oil hair mask
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey (optional)
Directions of Use:
- Mix the coconut oil and raw honey in a small bowl.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and wipe with cloth for excess water, leaving the hair damp. This helps in removing any dust or dirt before the mix is applied and also softens the hair strands to allow maximum absorption.
- Use your fingers to apply the mix. Make sure to massage the mix well to allow it cover all areas
- Let the mix set for 30 minutes.
- Coconut oil is very viscous and thus makes a good moisturizer to lock in moisture. It might also be tricky to remove it immediately, but the tradeoff is worth it. To remove the coconut oil from the hair, wash it with mild shampoo, preferably baby shampoo. You may also opt to apply some baking soda and rinse it off.
How regularly should the coconut oil hair mask be applied?
Twice a week. Foremost, people would often base their application on the time they have at home to manage the preparation and the time it takes for the mask to seep in. It is understandable that some may not be able to do this regularly. Nothing to worry, a single application of the mix has already a lasting effect, leaving your hair moisturized, smoother, and shiny. You will see the difference. Feeling the improvement will surely encourage you to do this more often than not.
This coconut oil hair mask is easy to prepare and the ingredients can be found at your favorite store. This is great conditioning treatment that moisturizes the scalp and gets rid of dandruff. Enriched with vitamins, which will help out revive damaged hair, this coconut oil hair mask will also a make your hair stronger to prevent breakage and hair loss. Moreover, it promotes hair growth and a fresh-looking hair to enhance your overall appearance.